Why You Should Care
Art & Commerce
Who am I to argue with the greats?
William Blake said “the busy bee has no time for sorrow.”
After 10 years as a newspaper reporter, bureau chief and film critic, internationally, I have spent the past 15 years in advertising and marekting (the past 10 solely focued on digital/interactive). In that time, I have:
- written numerous national commercials and infomercials
- written and overseen hundreds of newspaper and radio ads
- written and produced many corporate videos
- created many marketing plans for corporations
- strategized, been creative lead on and written scores of websites
- created and overseen social media campaigns for companies
- strategized and written many online ad campaigns
- consulted on, created content for mobile applications
In my personal, artistic endeavors, I have:
- written many published/produced books, plays, songs and comics
- taken photographs
- made short films
- played guitar in a band
I continue to do all these things, though not simultaneously, for various clients and myself.
In this site you’ll find many examples of and recommendations on the art I love, by many people — some well known, others woefully ignored or forgotten.
Whatever you do, support the arts, and spend money on them. Making art is work, and artists should be paid for their labors.
I hope you find something of value on this website, and that you receive pleasure from your work.
For, as George Bernard Shaw said, “The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not.”